Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Morning,
Just getting my routine going.
made a fire, tea, left overs, emails,
And watched a few bushcraft videos..

Guitar is next, but thought Id write as I was sipping my tea...

Thinking about gear junkies, and all the grear thats been left behind in my life... Some thru misfortune.. Other stuff because I got things I liked better etc...

Misfortune has been the worst factor. And its been invariably linked to the affects of other humans on me, via my naive nature, and how humans really are..

The older I get, the more I realize the dichotomy that is the human animal..

I also realize that keeping one's materialism minimal promotes mobility.. That the less I own, the easier it is to leave bad situations..

And if I were more contempory, Id limit what I owned to my vehicle's ability to transport it in one trip....

Having no vehicle, im kind of lost between worlds, from what I can pack on my back, to what I can maybe get some help moving with someone else's pickup etc...

I notice that I invariably have too much stuff, and always want more...

And that others seem to have the mental affliction even worse than I do...

So I try to at least think about my materialism in its order of priority in a refugee situation..

That a crisis is also another method of shedding excess stuff..

I went thru a nasty divorce, and another failed longer term relationship..  Both times, what I owned got reduced drastically.. But looking back, I see that I should have gotten rid of much more than I lost being processed..

I think the easy cure, would be to run a fairly constant yard sale.. Or just to constantly try to give things away...

The problem is that its really too easy to get stuff..  All you have to do is some slavery..

So theres a balance point somewhere between going along with the game,  and getting free of it...

A lot of my excess materialism is from trying to improve what I have. One ends up still holding onto the lesser items and it builds up over time...

Another curse, is good deals.. Sucked into plenty of excess materialism via that route..

I suspect if one survives the collapse, wars, plagues etc.. That there will be so much materialism around that it wont be much of an issue for awhile..

People will raid houses with desicated corpses in them for what ever they want to pack off..

And its not a sure thing that I or you wont be one of the corpses..

Especially if we try to stay on our hoard when wisdom dictates otherwise..

Which is why Im looking forward to some up coming give away opportunities in my life..

And why if I can I will improve my transportation situation....

And now when I buy things, mobility factor is most often a  criteria...

Anyway, wanted who ever who happens to read this to think about materialism versus mobility.. And that in whats coming, what you can get for yourself may be worse than what you can keep from getting...









No comments: