Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday... 5 Febuary 2011.........

Morning,
went out digging at daylight,
carving a terrace trail above the new garden area, and on this end...
It was a section thats been bothering me, wanted to get it done, and
almost did, except ran into big black biting ants on the last few
feet of the far end..

its good exercise, swinging a heavy hoe, moving large amounts of
dirt.. You know youve done something...

and it looks so nice when you finish a path or terrace...

I have quite a bit of digging left to finish the section, but am
happy doing it, will be very pretty, and more than a repair job on
the cattle erosion and wounded scrub left from past owners of the
land...

I erase the cattle erosion, create nice access trails, plant
manicillo clover under the citrus, and plant food plants on the
slopes..

when I get done reshaping the area, will go back with a light hoe, and
till the slopes, and plant papa spuds, Sagu, maybe some ginger? and
will do areas of a perinial tropical spinach green... until salad is
as sure as politicians lying....

Heard yesterday the nominal right wingers on short wave, figuring out
that their new republicans were about to make the Anti-Patriot Act
permanent..

i.e. Their great white hope was about to castrate
them..

yup! doesnt matter which way you vote, or who wins, you get screwed..

I gave up voting about 20 years ago...didnt want to legitimize the
shenanigans...

now days I focus on getting ready for where it all leads...

to a culture, politics is like cancer... the least you can do is not feed it..

in modern times, its like an IQ test looking at who's bailing out..
The really stupid ones seem to be going down with the burning blimp..

And those with half a brain or better are getting out of the
technocult in droves...

its small by percentages, but substancial by numbers...

I feel pretty good, beat the rush... got my land about 15 X cheaper
than they will..

which means on average theyll get 15X less land...
i got almost 70 acres, the average escapee from the technocult today,
will get maybe 5 acres..

I went to Panama the other day, it was a budget
trip, but I did find a place selling military surplus clothing.. I
walked into the guys store after seeing the used camouflage hanging
out front, and discovered he had German Army style wool pants...
Which are my cold weather favorites.. I got a pair for my refugee
Pack/kit, for nuclear winter effect..

here I am in the tropics, booting cold weather gear eh? he also had
a bunch of other stuff.. I want to go back to his store every trip,
and buy an item or two...

work up a stash of jungle clothing, enough to last my life I hope...

Also found a new Agriculture store, with some good tools.. will be
back there every chance also.. they had Imacasa machetes cheaper than
anywhere I've ever seen.. and I'm hoping to work up a stash of a
dozen..

I was short on money, so I did alot of scouting for things on my
lists, and found the best deals, to hit next trip....

I also found some quality nylon rope, I want to do a small project, a
sling for killing giants.. saw a really nice one on line,
search images;

honda_balear_013

which is an incredibly nice braided leather sling, that taught me more
about slings than anything I've ever seen before.. sized for egg
sized rocks..

I want to do a modern materials version, using braided nylon rope, &
have been thinking how to do the pocket etc.. I'm currently thinking
to unbraid the rope & core a bit, and fray it out evenly from both
ends and use contact cement to glue it between nylon seat belt strap,
and a hunk of leather, then sew over it all, creating a leather
lined/nylon backed pocket, and 3/8's inch ropes.. Then pull out some
rope core on the ends, and progressively trim, to create tapers for
loop & release...

I like archaic weapons.. why? They still work fine, and are under
rated.. look at it this way, the weapon of the anti status quo
protester around the planet, is the stone... Not much of a match for
an assault rifle, but a thousand people throwing stones can give an
army patrol a real headache...

its like the problems in mid east now.. if the people had slings, and
acted in mass, they could make the military monopoly franchise on
force a historical footnote.. a big protest might be a hundred
thousand or more people.. Arm them with slings, and the police wont
win..

the problem with peaceful protests, is one side is too stupid to
bring any weapons... real handy for the other side..

JC said if you dont have a sword, you should sell your clothes & get
one... do you suppose he thought much of non violent protest?

non violent protests are for giving a warning.. They arent an ends..
the most effective non violent protest, is the one where all the
protesters are armed to the teeth...

personally I think things have gone way beyond the level of being
fixed by anything short of world wide civil war.. its either that, or
the status quo wake up.. Which is about as likely as Santa deciding to
wear green next Christmas...

the non violent protest programming came from the TV set.. Same as all
the other programing...

sounds good on paper, but its effectively a zero...

being nice will get you screwed... Fact of life folks..

you think the skygods will show up unarmed?

in any potential conflict, rule of thumb, is you take the best weapons
you have.. if youre stupid enough to let the government disarm you
with words or paper or movies, youre just right for a slave....


--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: