Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday, 27th March 2011.......

morning,
home alone, enjoying the solitude....
Relaxing, doing some puttering...

went to town a couple days ago, paid off some dental work, and did my
shopping..

spent about $30 on food for the month, and shopped the stores for some
list items... And for any items of opportunity...

I found a nice little Mexican hoe, forged, that was the perfect size
and shape for a refugee kit item..

have been thinking of doing a set, by making an E-tool by rehandling a
kid's sized shovel available here, then doing a matching hoe, with
both having about 24 inch overall length... Then I have an axe, that
I made by cutting two hatchets apart, and welding them into an
interesting little double bitt axe... thinking to do a 24 inch handle
for it also, then I have a rula style machete thats the same length
over all that I made, and I made a nice leather scabbard for it, and
its already in my refugee pack...

downsized stuff has limits to what you can do with it, but in a
refugee situation, would be better than nothing... basically
camping equipment, but several orders of magnitude above the normal
stuff.. & definitely enough tools to start life over in the brush...
I prefer full sized tools, but feel quite capable of building a hut
etc. With those tools.. And even growing food...

I also found an interesting little 12 inch traditional Chinese rice
sickle.. I paid $1.65 for it.. thinking that it might be good
steel, as it looked like a tool not generally exported.. Simple, and
very basic...

I got it home, and tested the temper of the blade with a file, and
found that it was the correct temper for a sickle, quite hard... so
hard in fact, that I couldnt use a file to sharpen it.. sickles are
stoned...
This one needs the angle of the cutting edge laid back about 2X, and I
started with a hand stone, and decided it needed to wait for a visit
with my grinder first, as it would take several days down at the
spring with a stone to do the job...

I consider the sickle to be a great score for the survivalist... as
its one of man's most important tools, and this one is not some soft &
crudely designed piece of junk for the yard tool market.. I've owned
such, and gave them away to someone I didnt like...

this one weighs ounces, and is definitely going into the refugee
kit... I know the value of it in a reboot from scratch survival
situation.. And I do grow rice.. using a primitive central american
method.. here they sell a curved knife originally brought in by the
Banana companies, to cut stalks of bananas into "hands" as theyre
called.. and for awhile these knives were hard to get, and people
kept them as prized items for home grown rice... And most had to use
regular kitchen knives to cut rice with... so finding the exact right
tool, with thousands of years of design evolution behind it made one
happy shopper...

primitive humans lived on native grasses before the Improved strains
of grains came along.. They used small stone knives to cut the
proto-rice etc. And archeologists study the blades for usage, guaging
by the amount of polish by the silicates in the grass stems of the
flint & obsidian blades..

which means some blades were likely used just for such work & saved
harvest to harvest, & not used up doing other jobs..

to me, survival in whats coming means that we will likely be knocked
back into the early iron age for awhile.. the sky gods predict near
extinction... & some biblical scholars put the projected number of
human survivors at about 2% of humanity... And as Jesus put it, if
these days were not cut short for the sake of the elect, there would
be no flesh left alive...

which if you analize the semantics, negates a pre tribulation rapture...

I think the thing with the nuclear power plant in Japan demonstrates
how its going to be... The liars, thieves, & killers we know of as
governments, corporations, and Bank$, are going to careen along
unchecked by any amount of wisedom however slight... I already hear
the propaganda on Short Wave for both a continuation of Nuclear power,
and a continuation of the resource wars...

both of which will lead to the Apocalypse, and I dont think we'll have
to wait long to get there....

which is incredibly stupid considering that geothermal is
everywhere... some places more drilling, some less, but the truth is
we have the tech to put geo thermal power plants anywhere on the
planet, & get absolutely free & non poluting power, and are able to do
it NOW! and if we applied a small fraction of the money spent on oil,
coal, or nuclear power, or on wars over such, we could develope even
better technology able to bring geothermal power down to family farm
level... how? I would suggest using lasers, and burning small
diameter holes, and designing small power plants that any village
could afford...

But who am I, eh? some fool on a mountain living on the edge of the
jungle, and harming no one, while my "Betters" who are so wise in
their own minds, contaminate the planet with things that will kill &
deform humans for billions of years, if we made it past their greed &
arrogance based follies...

think about all this when you hear the propaganda being fed you via
our economically enlightened & exaulted ones...

they make me want to vomit....
Thats what I think of "People Magazine" types...

infinite hubris... finite reality....

and sanity is the art of struggling to not be insane..

insanity is what you see sold on TV....
Talking heads who spin beautiful lies for consumption by masses who
have forgotten how to think independently....

I've been watching the monkeys that come for my excess bananas,
feeding about 16 last count..
They remind me alot of humans.. little assholes trying to pig
everything for themselves with Three Stooges on steroids social
behavior... Chop off their tails, blow them up to a couple hundred
pounds, and put them in business suits, and give them a language, and
a keen ability to lie to themselves & each other, & you have humanity
in a nutshell....

the sky gods should have started with Racoons
or Kinkajous or something else... Even Gorillas would have been
better... I think they must have ruined some Chimpanzees to create
us..

Yeah, Racoons would have been better.. Less neurotic....

I also bought a couple kitchen knives.. One is a very nice design, it
had a fancy Japanese name, but is basically a short french knife with
an extreme drop point.. a nice "Veggetarian Hunting knife"... and I
reshaped the bakelite handle by filing off the squarish corners, and
have been working on its edge, sharpening it one sided, to create a
finer inclined plane, as I see it as an ace tomato slicer, and its
metal was 440C Stainless.. and will hold an extreme edge, if I can
keep it out of other people's hands...

lately I have been busy building a new garden.. Working most mornings
for 3 hours with a pickhoe carving terraces and building raised beds
in the flatter areas.. what I have done now is the size of a big
country garden, but its just the beginning... The space I have is over
an acre, about half a hectare perhaps, the size of a soccer field... I
calculate it will take me a year with the pickhoe to finish... Why
so big? because its my goal to be 100% food self sufficient a year
from now... going to grow grains & legumes on a large enough scale,
that I can quit packing the stuff up the mountain... And because I
expect in the next couple three years for there to be a nuclear war,
and I'm hoping some people I care about make it out of Babylon.. I
even got an email from my niece, now a middle aged woman, with two
little girls, and she sees how bad things are getting in the US, and
is seriously thinking about moving down.. I've offered to give her
land for a house site, and use of any amount of land she needs to
build whatever dream she desires... I have about 70 acres.. I didnt
buy it for just me.. in fact, all the people I care about have the
same offer.. imagine that... being able to escape the US, and live
in paradise on a farm with a thousand tropical fruit trees... it
seemed better thing to do, than working a government job to me...

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: