Monday, March 28, 2011

Sunday 27th, March 2011.........

How would I design micro geothermal power plants?

Well, first I'd try to keep the laser bore hole small to make it
easier & cheaper to do.. Perhaps a couple inches or less...

then to eliminate any piping into the bore, I'd make it cycle like a
geyser... Where basically you dropped a shot of water down the hole,
and got a steam hit.. with this I would run a turbine, which would
then turn a large heavy flywheel to even out the power..
I'd have the turbine connected to the fly wheel with a coaster rachet
like on a bike rear hub, so that the fly wheel wouldnt have to drag
the idle turbine between pumps... Then I would use permanet magnets
around the fly wheel to produce a pulsing DC current somewhat above 12
Volts, for line losses etc. And the pulses at perhaps 60 cycles, so
w/pulses you could easily transform it into a pulsing DC of 120 volts,
or to use as 12 Volts to charge standard batteries.. the 120 volt
pulsing DC could be used to pump the current around the farm or
village with less line loss...

I'd design the steam system with a condenser, that had a gravity
slope, probably using it for heating or air conditioning around the
farm or village, with the gravity slope designed so the condensate
water drained back into the geothermal well in passive cycles.. This
way the system would run continuously, provide two types of current,
and only need a lubrication system for turbine & flywheel...

so basically you'd need a truck with a Laser & power plant mounted on
it to bore the wells, and to install the power plant on top by
cementing in a pipe down to solid rock... such a system would bore
geothermal wells for the price of the energy used to power the Laser,
and it could be portable enough to drill & relocate quickly &
efficiently...

and thats my answer, to the lying assholes with no brains, who
promote nuclear & other forms of toxic power...

another couple Items I bought on my town trip was some yuppie water
bottles.. The stainless steel versions are starting to show up here
ocasionaly now.. so far I've gotten three 26 ounce size, for $3.65
each in the stores that sell factory over runs etc... I'm thinking to
use them for seed storage, bulk condiments, & food concentrates for my
refugee kit... I'm hoping they get other sizes in... Would like some
larger and a few smaller.. and I wish they'd manufacture versions
with wider mouths, and perhaps designed for home canning of food....
These would require a better lid/stopper system.. maybe a stainless
cap & O-ring...

it sure would be nicer than heavy & breakable glass jars..

What started me thinking about the stainless bottles was use in
holding Rum etc. in unbreakable containers.. would be nice if wines
and other beverages even came in such containers... the actual cost
difference between glass, aluminum, and plastic containers is probably
slight... personally I think it would be better if even tin cans were
replaced by reusable stainless containers..

another item I picked up, was a small 6 Volt gel cell battery to run
my short wave radio with.. It cost me what a couple months worth of
regular disposable batteries do, and will likely last for years...

I can charge it from my solar panel... So now I'm set to hear the lie
by lie account of the demise of humanity..

I also bought half a dozen plants, mostly herbs, as I'm thinking to
collect some every month, and then propagate them over time into good
sized areas of each type, so we have plenty of herbs for medicinals
and seasonings..

the planting season is getting close... a couple more weeks and
we'll start getting consistant rain..

another item I bought was a set of "glomers" style vise grips... They
looked handy for holding small projects while filing or drilling
etc... kind of a neonomadic's vise....

so, it was a good town trip for the neoindigenous survivalist type...
several refugee kit items... and even a few stainless steel things...
I think pack ratting away practical stainless steel items is better
than buying gold or silver....

if only 2% survive, wont be alot of market for gold, & if most or all
of the cities are flattened, there wont be any factories... So it will
be down to building forges, and starting over with metals scrounged
from dead cars etc... Its a long ways from scrap metal to a forged hoe
or a stainless knife... I see stuff being cheap now... got the hoe
head for the price of 8 lbs of beans... I can grow tons of beans with
that hoe, and leave it to my kids & grandkids after I keep an
appointment with my designers... I dont think 8 lbs of beans will
make it that far...

Last month I had some critical dental work done, and so didnt get
much, but I did buy some strings for the electric guitar, got 4 E
strings, as thats the one that breaks most often, and I got 2 of the
next three strings, and hope to soon get some of the last two
strings... I cleaned and painted a can from air rifle pellets, and
melted vaselene over the carefully coiled guitar strings... its the
tropics, everything rusts, rots, or degrades here..

What I find about materialism, is that on a nano-budget, I can make
progress due to my neoindigenous lifestyle...

One actually needs so very little, if you arent trying to live in the
sea of vanity up to the water line of "normalcy"...

it was such an emotional relief to let go of the technocult.. I
became much the richer that instant..

these days I pass up alot of stuff... mostly because it doesnt fit
my mental paradigm anymore.. also I know what a drag having too much
stuff is...
likely dont have a tenth of what the average american has stuffed into
their house.... and still have a hundred times more than I actually
need..

I seem to be fine tuning my material collection steadily towards a
pretty good set up for the times ahead... I try to use every bit of
money to finish projects, or get items that are wise to have during
the collapse of civilisations...

Lately I've been thinking about the melt down in Japan, and how
Obvious the lies are coming out of the Squawk boxes of the world....

and it is something I've long written about, that nuclear power is a
grave & ever present danger... JC called it an abomination that causes
desolation in Mathew 24:15... sentient beings wouldnt use
abominations....

I listed these purchasses for you to give an example of what its like
to think neoindigenous, and how you can use the current availability
of materialism to constantly boot a more fundamental lifestyle...
I dont own a car, or a house, I dont have a TV... and I'm able to
live on $100 a month
fairly comfortably because of the mindset, and do it happier than I
was living in the US, & holding down a job... when the technocult,
the money & materialism goes away, it wont be any big shock to me...
I'll be working in my garden every morning, just as I do now.. and
over the next year I'll be altering my diet, buying even less, and
eating even better...

I have plenty of food even now... From the food trees I planted,
tropical tubers etc.. I'm actually improving my diet & life
steadily... if I get another year or two, I'll be very well set.. To
me it will be a seamless transition from current reality to a new
post technocult version... I'm already well over halfway there...

and by NOT trying to maintain a modern lifestyle, or packrat away
excess wealth in the form of ornamental metals, I am able to make
consistant progress, and to also learn alot... And to spend my hours
doing fun crafts projects, gardening, etc..

it could be done in some form almost anywhere..

so, I get to be a strange man.. Navigating his way thru the
dreamworld of modern insanity, questing continually for a life
improved in real terms... And I get to have fun doing it... Camping is
a nice lifestyle... I was showing some women friends in town fotos,
it was fun, to see their reaction to my stone fire pit with a roof,
wheelbarrow loads of several different types and colors of bananas,
and fotos of my garden project, and the terracing I've been doing...

so, here I sit, a fool on a mountain, 68 floors above Tsunami
levels, cooking banana bread...

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: