Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Continued;.............

I also taught myself flint knapping, favorite tool is a railroad spike
& a hunk of tire rubber.. I've worked Obsidian, and produced points
that collectors flat refused to believe I did myself in 15 minutes...
I generally make points out of glass... Coke bottle bottoms & TV tube
glass are my favorites... No shortage of those resources anywhere on
the planet... I make steel tips too... like to use lace into a slot
method, with monofiliment fishing line, and then coat with epoxy
resin... aint comin' apart... and used up machete steel is just
right for broadheads... easy enough to cut out with a thin abrasive
wheel.. And I could do it in my fire pit with red steel and a hot set
type chisel, then retemper.. I know the art well... blacksmithing is
a personal hobby... Starting with flat stock means all I have to do is
cut out, temper & sharpen.. Yup! A country boy can survive...
especially if he's not too caught up in the wizzmo-gizmo culture...

how did I learn all my skills? decided I was more interested in
hobbys than watching TV... TV watchers are going to have bad stats in
whats coming...

anyway, my worker commented the other day that I had food growing
everywhere... yup! My original vision was to create a garden of
Eden... its been a fun hobby, dont own any freeze dried food... no
gold other than a couple pieces of jewlery..

not much caught up in money... it could disappear tomorrow & I'd
adapt almost instantly... have gone for years on end barefoot in the
jungle.. my favorite way to eat fish is raw.. Sushi, Cevechi, etc..

Also made another Neoindigenous discovery;

cooking wood; always a problem in the wet season in the tropics when
your shelter repretoir doesnt include a wood shed... what I figured
out, was the easy way to do it, was to peel a tree, and let it die
standing.. pretty soon limbs start falling... nice dry wood...
eventually I cut the trunk down and burn it too, and then plant a food
tree where the original tree was... and so slowly evolve my
surrounding area into food security... dont need a wood shed, if
youre not too good to burn sticks, or chop up larger limbs & trunk...
wouldnt work in wet northern climates like the Pacific north west, but
here the evaporation rate is high enough that standing dead wood is
generally dry enough to burn... I have several trees peeled ahead..
More to peel, and what land I have that isnt in fruit, is in forest
now, it was all pasture filled with scrub brush when I bought it...
the locals thought I was crazy for letting the brush grow.. They were
all shifting to gas or electric stoves at the time... wasnt long
though until wood cooking "Fugons" started appearing behind houses..
They discovered gas & electricity to be expensive... so its kind of
funny to see nice stoves in kitchens, and the mom behind the house,
poking sticks into the traditional fugon, under a small sheet metal
roof... People in towns cant do that, no fuel source..

trapped like rats by their desire to be closer to money sources...

I have an unlimited supply of cooking fuel.... unlimited supply of
water, and more land than my descendants will need for generations...

I'm just as agile as I was in my 20's, just as healthy..

I worry about whats coming, not for myself, I'm better prepared than
most of humanity...

for the last couple years I've been collecting the ocasional pocket
knife.. Not easy on a micro budget, but have managed to get some nice
pocket knives of several different types... why?
Because I suspect a pocket knife is the brush rat's most used tool,
and having several different types means I have knives for specific
uses... I've high graded whats come past... also because pocket
knives make sense for the refugee... minimalistic, no need of sheath
etc... I lanyardize every thing, learned as a kid that I never lost
a lanyarded knife...

I lanyardize sheath knives too..

I also drill the handles of garden tools & axes etc. so that they can
be tied thru a hole to pack saddle etc... hard to lose something tied
thru a hole... an axe etc. Might catch on a limb and slip out and be
lost if not tied thru a hole...

well, the woman thats been after me seems to be serious... she's
losing 30 pounds at the moment... nice lady, a nurse at a local
hospital, had five daughters, single mom, three adopted.. On a third
world income.. One daughter just left home this week, another two will
follow in the next couple of years.. last two will be awhile... But I
like kids...

the woman was raised on a farm, but got caught up in the money trap...
went thru several shades of hades in her life... has realized in
town isnt a good life... and knows having a guy is a good idea these
days... wants to grow food again... Live with some space... likes
animals.. and with her being "chaser" & me being "chasee" I got to
set my price... no bullshit, no games, with the requirement of
constant struggle on her part to be a good wife in MY opinion, not
hers... she's 16 years younger than I am... ten years older than my
number one son... so I suspect my years of living alone to be drawing
towards an end... I've been living alone for most of 18 years....

She's had a thing for me for years.. Offended me once years ago... I
like her for who she is.. She's at the same point...

anyway, I need to go take my last rinse of the day in the spring, and
butcher that pineapple... Yumm!

where did I go wrong?

its a humble life, but a good one....
Why does everyone like the Tarzan dream?
Because its sanity. it is do-able, it is better than being a rainbow
niggeroo... funny how what goes around, comes around... most of the
slaves are white people now.. black people at least werent
volunteers.... they werent that stupid back then, they knew they had
it good... my only crit of black people, is theyre too white on the
inside now... Like their old slang term: "Oreo" i.e. Black on the
outside, white on the inside... like an Oreo cookie... well, how
bout "Oreos on steroids"? you black folk really need to get back to
the land, go back to agriculture, rewild yourselves some... Get away
from the cities, the drugs, the dependence on whitey's technocult...
alot of you are some incredibly decent folks, time to do what it
takes and regraft onto your old "real" roots... Not some TV movie, to
pump you up, while youre still effectively slaves by other means...

If you want to be my neighbor, 'hope you like gardening & fishing...
And that the kids like horses etc... we'd do fine... The playing
field has been leveled quite a bit lately... the uppitys have come
down some...

humble people are an asset anywhere...

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: