Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday 2nd August 2010...........

Afternoon....

just tried finding an email address for google, ran into a forum
w/thread about google having no email address.... and I kept trying
to wade thru google's help bullshit until the battery went dead in my
HHD.... never did find their "accept terms" link to get into their
help site, so I guess the gods of google are above all us mortal
"users"?

anyway, was going to inform them about costa rica's ICE telecom
monopoly using different freqs on their Gen 3 service, and also some
sort of block on GSM service so I cant use a google one android
program fone.... and suggest they offer a version with more
frequency bands to get around monopolies happily locking their
products out and doing a brisk sales of inferior products at excessive
prices....

anyway scrub that idea... cant take any business without an email
access thats public too seriously....

also was thinking today about my dead HP 2000 laptop, and how the
tech repairman said HP manufactured a motherboard w/a defective video
drive, and they invariably go bad...


sounds like HP doesnt like repeat customers too?

and I realized there is serious potential for an IT company to market
a universal computer brain/ugrade, by building adaptor mother boards,
and a plug in new solid state microprocessor driven "brain" that
wizards itself into any existing computer... by being so easily
upgradable, and the universal repair for any laptop with a
motherboard, it sure could create alot of business for said unknown
company, and also eliminate a few million tons of E-waste every year,
by allowing those who wish, to keep their old keyboard and screen,
and just buy a new plug in microprocessor group every few years....

my guess is it would corner some serious market, especially now, that
not everyone can afford the new junk..

I have the HP 2000, which was an upscale computer new.... I
certainly didnt get a fair amount of use out of it for it's cost, and
my only option now is to go for a $200 open source laptop to replace
it, as I certainly wont buy another HP due to being ripped off for
several years of paid for use, by lousy engineers, and greedy
management who marketed a defective product, and then didnt even
bother to fix the problem on replacement mother boards... they dont
want my business, I can tell......

I'd rather be able to buy the open source motherboard replacer and an
upgraded brain a couple years newer than the old unit... say for a
bit less than the price of the open source laptop?

so.. Any of you IT companies out there who want to corner some market
share think about it, eh? decide if you want my business, or just
want me to buy open source laptops, when all I really need is a
couple chips and an adaptor, that you could market to everybody who
liked their old computer, and would rather keep it running than buy a
new one.... some of us humans arent so vain as to need a new ego
device constantly.. I just want to own one laptop... I have no
desire what so ever to cycle my money thru any fancy computer company
and into the landfill every couple years.... guess I'm not a stupid
yuppie? first company to build an upgradeable laptop will be who
likely gets my business from then on.....

another thing I was thinking was how nice it would be to have short
wave capability with my handheld device... internet is fine, except
in the third world.... and as my new fone now has apps for GPS, star
chart, scientific calculator, maps, notes, email, phone service, etc.
its the quintescential
boyscout device... 'er well it would be if it also doubled as a short
wave transciever... many new shortwave transcievers are a small
black box hooked to your computer... my fone is a computer and is a
radio of sorts.. if it had HF capability, and could so use available
HF Sattelite services, it would be an even better boyscout tool... i
might also suggest it have the EPIRB style mayday radio built into it
too...

the future is everybody will carry a single electronic device..
personally I'd prefer mine to be water proof and solar powered... as
I dont live in an office, and wear shoes designed to slip on dogshit
in central park....

my hand held device could also be larger.. perhaps to allow power for
sattelte and HF capability, and to allow me to at least learn to input
typing with one hand instead of just my nose finger.....

small is nice... Too small isnt too nice....

there is a such thing as ergonomic comfort & utility zone, and the
undersized fone units are another example of vanity heads in
engineering and management departments of IT manufacturing
companies.... must be the estrogen mimicking plastisizors in the
plastic yuppie water bottles?

me? I want a man sized hand held device, thats the electronic
equivilent of the swiss army knife, complete with fone, internet,
calculator, GPS, ETC. not to mention girlscout pin ups.....


--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: