Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunday 25th July 2010....

Evening,
slept during a rain, got up & rebuilt fire,
its been a bad year for bugs that bite...

Did a border cross, then sick in bed for several days with the town
microbes I picked up.. but also managed to buy a sewing machine for
my niece and her mother.. and had it waiting for them with a note on
the table when they got up the morning of the little one's 3rd
birthday.... no party that day, the mother wanted one, but the money
wasnt there for it... so I had a brand new singer sewing machine
waiting for them, with a note, that it was to put to work, to finance
educations, and birthday partys etc...

I'd like to see my young woman friend back in school, she was studying
accounting, but new administration cut out scholarships...

so a few days after the birthday I stopped by... My little niece
jumped on me for a hug, and told me she was three now, held up her
fingers... Then told me about the sewing machine for her birthday..
the mother is planing on taking a free sewing course, and we still
have to connect the machine to the used treadle bottom... And
eventually a motor too... but theres no doubt in my mind it will get
put to work.. and finance those educations and partys.. alot of
people were shocked, women in village talking, many have sewing
machines, but not given to them brand new by me... so it was fun to
do... cost me what I spend on food for about 5 months... but now a
couple females I care about get to have a means of production..

She can get sewing piecework contracts, and sew school uniforms for
money... the young woman is an agressive go getter type.. I think
it was a good investment.... couldnt have hurt my karma much to
do... and I wanted my niece to grow up thinking women worked, and
made pretty things, and that she had a sewing machine of her own for
when she grew up... the kid understood and was happy... she saw the
adults were excited about it... And that it had been shown to friends
and family... So I imagine she'll remember her 3rd birthday just
fine... I enjoyed doing it, especially knowing the mother would get
up the morning of the birthday, sad for not being able to do the
party.. and find a brand new sewing machine waiting on the table with
my note for her and daughter...

so, its like micro loans in Nepal... only just me here... a person
who wants to see others have a decent future... it also was a good
teaching example in a very self centered culture... it will give the
local women something to gossip about...

I think necessity will do the rest.... a young mother of 20 now has
a way to better her life... I've known her since she was in high
school... Pregnant at 17... and no female has ever been sweeter to me
than my niece...

so I enjoyed a cup of coffee with them, also brought my niece a
loaf of bread.. she always asks me if I will get her bread... some
months the only bread she gets... I send her fruit most every week,
morado bananas and a pineapple last week.. a feed sack full.. I see
the refridgerator is often empty, so I know what I send gets eaten...

she gets rice & beans.... anything extra is a treat.... and the
breadnut trees I have planted fill in the gaps when necessary...
sometimes they cook more than they can eat in days... I have over a
dozen trees producing now... so there is a little girl in a village
far away from the life in the first world, who will grow up eating
fruit every week, and watching her mother sew for money.. and know
that her strange foriegn uncle who speaks accented Spanish and gets
his verbs wrong, at least gets his trees planted right, and shares the
fruit with her... and I hope to be sending fruit down the mountain
to her when she has children of her own.... I aint in it for the
money folks...

we got a dozen more clumps of bananas planted this week... well over
a hundred new clumps this year, the first few starting to produce...
we will continue multiplying... we also planted more bread nuts...
the trees I have now would be enough to feed us all... breadnut
trees get huge...

I'm also going to start packing a sack of citrus in to town on the
bus when I go once a month... have friends with a soda, the local
word for a stall sized cafe'... and will be selling the citrus by the
sack, usually sold by the fruit each here... I'll give them a
deal.... usually 10 cents a lemon...

I keep my niece in lemonaid too... if she doesnt have lemonaid, its
because her dad didnt pick them... her mom knows all she has to do is
remind her husband if she's low...

my son sent me a new used telephone... then we find out that the
local monopoly has it blocked, wont work with their system, I went in
to the local office and got the run around, and sent on a goose
chase.. we are looking forward to their first competitors arriving
in the area...so we can put
I.C.E. Out of business.. its the richest company in the country, and
also the sleaziest... people have died due to their business
model... its described as ripping off poor people any way possible..
real shit heads, hope the ranchers nail them...

speaking of the ranchers, gave my first open sermon on a bus about
Enoch and the stars fighting from their orbits etc... about a dozen
people listening... that one will get around.. many Ticos are very
well read in the bible... so the realization will create a shock
wave.. first they will laugh.. then think, then begin to worry....

its a very dishonest culture.... great hippocrits... they have alot
to worry about... I pieced it together for them, gave the over view,
line and verse proofs, the group was mostly young people... and what
I said will get repeated and talked about..

alien invasion folks, thats whats coming... with the people seperated
out, and one group ordered to cut the other group's throats... enough
blood to run a river up to a horse's bridle deep... and not a thing
any of us can do to prevent it, except get real and change
ourselves....

I'm not a religious person.. but I do fear anyone who would do
that... wisdom is a form of fear...

and I hope I got some young people thinking.. likely wont be the
last time I discuss it in public..


anyway, the telephone is a google android...... Nice fone, good
program, but the local monopoly has google's products blocked here so
they can sell their own fones instead... I suggest google consider
coming here and competing with ICE, as its the best thing they could
do for the people here.. it would do more to change this society than
anything else I can imagine... there is alot being written about ICE
on line now.. Its just the tip of the ice berg.. I've been here 15
years, and witnessed unbelievable horror stories due to ICE at the
national level, and in my own village, and in my personal dealings
with them.. I hope google is wise enough to not try to work with ICE
on their sattelite internet system... ICE would just screw them and
the people every way possible... much better google get with one of
the competitors, or come compete themselves... i'd love to work for
google and assist in ICE's demise.. and I would warn google or any
other competitor to expect industrial espionage and planted people in
their organizations, and expect endless unexpected problems set up
by ICE working with the local corruptocracy... but the profit is
there... As is the need, and the locals are figuring ICE out, so the
battle can be won... just dont expect human decency or honesty out of
ICE.... Expect lies, backstabbing, and constant blockages.. might
pay to have a good security organization.... hire a few mercenaries
to run it.. and set some traps expecting the problems...

suckering foriegners is the local culture.... its all they know..
there are some decent folks here.. like bread crumbs in the soup of
dishonesty... they could use some help... best help possible would
be causing ICE to go under.. as it would take down much of the
entrenched corruptocrats in the process...

and open the country to outside and more honest influences..

do it for the kids please!

do it for the kids!


--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: