Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday, March 2nd, 2012

Afternoon...

Finally got my communications back up and running. Now using a 3G iPhone hooked to a solar panel...

Have been busy doing projects, and also checking out the bushcraft zone online..

I did a couple of fire pistons, and a couple of knives, and rehandled my double bitt axe with a Cortesa handle I made.

I also did a border crossing into Panama, And got some UV resist greenhouse plastic for my shelter roof,
And I got a few items of other materialism since I last did blog entry...

One item I got was a kid's shovel.
Only to find that a lot of bushcraft types are coming to the same conclusion; that a decent kids shovel is better than a heavy & clunky folding E-tool.

Also I see Ray Mears stated a machete is the number one survival tool. Something I have realized for some time.

I also found and bought a couple downsized 22 inch and a 24 inch rula style machetes in Panama....

One has been sharpened and camo painted via rattle can.

The others will follow suit.

I really like the 22 inch rula for a carrying machete... It's not for clearing large areas, but it is nice for small jobs, and especially for crafts where the shorter blade is easier to control while hacking on and shaping wood items...

I've been enjoying surfing the web from my own camp cot.. For the first time I don't have to take a hike to get signal. And everything works. And I am starting to learn the iPhone and the web...

Have mostly been watching bushcraft videos, and analyzing the social movement I see going on there.

I watched Ray Mears Belarus series, on you tube, and it was the most right in thing I have seen in years....

Message being; you can't trust the system to be there for you, and sooner or later you can count on it being against you in a seriously sick way...

I sent the link out to several people.

Anyway, wanted to make an entry, and get back into blogging.

G!


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: