Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 27th2012...

March 27th2012...

Morning,
Worked on a liner for the shard knife sheath out of cutting board plastic.
Learned some things about working with the material..
Thinking about doing a nylon cover for the plastic liner..

Have been experimenting with the cutting board plastic fairly long term.. Will likely use it for other refugee kit items...

Have been thinking past couple of days about doing a steel Marlin spike. Would prefer stainless, but materials not available to me. So thinking to use some tool steel from either a crow bar or drift punch...

I have a brass pipe fitting to make a nice ornamental cap, and have figured i can grind a step into the end of the tool steel bar, and use my electric drill to turn it, as i use my angle head grinder to taper etc...

And get a nice professional job of the project.. Might have to make a tool for cleaning out the threads in the pipe fitting. Maybe buy a wood bit and re shape it..

Thinking to do one about ten inches overall, to match my bushcraft knife.
Which I also made with a sailors uses in mind.. The tip fairly wide for use as a spoon like eating device.. Back of blade for scraping and scaling..

I think a Marlin spike would be a good possession in a refugee situation..

Likely would find all kinds of uses for it..

And I do tend to work with line often..

I see my quest as making all the fundamental stuff up that one would need post technocult.. Some things are on hold for materials, but I keep gnawing at it all..

Been having fun on a date site..

Kind of pathetic really.. They want their rumps kissed... Ive been writing crit instead.. I figured out the game long ago..

Saw some stuff last town trip Id like to pick up, one item was another kid's shovel, but a flat scoop type.. Probably designed for city people with dogs or something..

I was thinking it would be nicer for my fire pit ashes. Than the spade type kids shovel I got awhile back, and would double as a dust pan etc..

Probably gone when I get back to it, story of my life. Not like I need it or anything, but it did look like a handy down sized tool..

And I seem to be collecting a few of those.. Foxhole digging equipment..
Or tunneling? I cringe thinking about those folk in Belarus digging a 24 inch tunnel for hundreds of meters... Thats just big enough for an average adult to squeeze through.. And would be hell to work in..

But i guess if you know the Nazis are going to shoot you sooner or later, doesnt hurt to try a run for it..

The Ray Mears video Belarus on you tube is required watching for any survivalist wannabee with a brain...

You want to know what FEMA camps are likely to evolve into, and what your only alternative is...

Personally one hopes that one avoids such.... And thats what the refugee gear is all about, avoiding problems.. That when problems come looking for you, you arent there..

I got out of the US to avoid problems.. Saw things starting to go over the edge of the cliff..

I think its the moments before the last hand hold gives way at this point..

The most sensitive types have already left, or in process..


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: