Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Continued......

and so, I've given up on natural fletch, and I buy veggie oil for the
dog's food in half gallon jugs, so have the plastic.. and on the new
spring steel bow I'm working on, am thinking to make the arrow rest
for vanes, by using a couple tooth brushes with the handles cut off,
and the plastic matrix inlaid into the Mora wood riser, and the
bristles exposed at correct angles and spacing to allow passage of the
vanes.... I'm also thinking about stringing that bow with steel
cable... I make nice dacron bow strings, but just want to
experiment... figuring spring steel limbs are fairly indestructable,
perhaps a fine cable string might mate well and be reliable too....

nothing says I have to stay "Traditional"....

I find the spring steel makes nice bow limbs.. and being fairly
narrow, dont weigh too much...

and it sure creates a cheap bow.. Using scrap leaf springs from the
junkyard..... I cut them with an abrasive wheel in my Milwaukee worm
drive carpenters saw... which gives an accurate cut, and doesnt
overheat the metal... all those years of being a carpenter pay off
sometimes...

I'm wanting to continue my experimentation with spring steel bows, so
far I'm impressed.. The one I'm working on now, I worried about the
limbs being hard to pull, and created a very short riser... To allow
longer limbs for easier flexion leverage... The spring was a rare thin
leaf, just over an eighth thick.. And what I got was a lighter pull
bow than I wanted... come to find out, spring steel is fairly "Wangy"
stuff, and I'm thinking on the next model to go thicker spring, with
a shape like an Indian flat bow... But slightly narrower...

what I want is a short bow, with a 50 lb pull... I've learned I can
drill the spring for mounting to riser by resharpening carbide
masonary bitts with cutting edges shaped like a steel bitt... its a
bitch to drill, but can be done, using my Milwaukee hole shooter and
about 45 minutes a hole.. would be infinitely easier with a drill
press....

why steel bows? durability factor.. I'm after weapons that meet my
stargate criteria... The best I can build with available resources...
so far, learning a lot, and making nice things that are original & one
of a kind.... a man who makes his own weapons can fix or replace
them...

I've also discovered that using ambient resources, rather than the
traditional ingredients, results in more being learned, and one having
to do a lot of thinking to figure out how to use the unconventional
resources.... what I lack in availability & finances, I make up for
in learning how to use my brain... And sometimes obtain very pleasing
results....

and now that I've realized the neoindigenous overview, everything I do
harmonizes well....

my dream, is to not only survive the coming Apocalypse, but to do it
in style, and to thrive... That way, when our alien progenitors
return, I'll at least have won a personal victory in the face of
extreme adversity, and I will also have created a model for others...

and if I dont survive, I will at least die knowing I used my own mind
to the best of my ability...
I have zero intention of letting things "just happen" to me or mine...

I see a world in denial... When any fool can see where its all
going... when north Korea is lanching artillery barages into south
Korea, and Mid East
countries encouraging the US to hit Iran, the future gets easy to
predict... humanity is insane, and we use the word "normal" to
describe it....

And I'd rather live humble, than support the evil...
I doubt that the words; "I was just doing what was normal." will make
it very far with the progenitors...

to die right, is better than to live wrong...
And to live right is better than to die...

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: