Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wednesday 2nd June, 2010.........

afternoon....
Raining lightly... Fire crackling, me contemplating the extreme
vanity of humans.... amazing, truely amazing.. one of the things I
like about living in the brush, is it trims off vanity like a
sythe... mine, and anybody elses that gets anywhere near...

would be pathetic if not for the ranchers...

what I have figured out, is the less you bother with other humans,
the more tranquil life is.... I appreciate being alone, dont get
other people's vanity in my face....

I've watched enough humans to figure out where they are at... always
seem to be at their own level of vanity, where ever it happens to
be... no vanity ever too extreme....

being trapped at indigenous levels, one learns about vanity observing
others... from the bottom, the only direction is up...

best I pay attention to other more fundamental things, therein lies hope...

yesterday happened upon a tree type with good bark for lacing, not as
good as another type, but amazingly strong... its the missing link
in a long term desire.. I have Balsa, which is good for boxes and
other projects, just needed lacing...

what I have discovered, is neoindigenism gains more results than the
big lie... a humble guy can do OK as "world reject" if he leans
towards the neoindigenous stuff..

though I be abandoned, by family and community, I will carry on alone,
because it gets steadily better...

I was thinking about it last week, how good I have it... everyone
seems to consider me crazy, but what I have learned, is not only am
I better off in real terms, but being close to the earth has
incredible dividends.. not only do I get to watch the osprey and the
vine snake, I am shielded from humans to good extent... Today I cut
a breadfruit, and added it to my corn.... not bad for free... just
me and the dog eating it...

to me getting an $8 pocket knife is a vanity.. or a $2 kitchen knife
I can use for bladestock, and turn into something more custom......

people in the US measure their vanity in thousands of dollars...
Babylon is still an enticing whore... under her paint and wig, she's
a cancerous hagfish.....

its been a good year for me materialistically... But didnt get
anything that wouldnt go up a ramp of a ship.... in fact,
everything I acquired in the last year is stargate stuff..

minus the $12 short wave...

and it would go on a ship at sea just fine....

also most of my projects are stargate items... hoping to get some
epoxy glue this month to finish an axe project.. did a cortesa
handle for a 3 lb single bitt, with finger grooves etc. In handle...
a large axe for a smaller man, but perfect for the bigger jobs....
it wants a few finishing touches, but it's 95% done, complete with
custom reshaping of the head.... the head has been tested working by
me personally.. This is the second handle.. likely will be it's
last...

I did the project with stargate criteria in mind... the best
serious axe I could do.. I have a smaller mate for it, with a purple
heart handle thats long and thin, its more of a pack & portage axe..
does serious work, but less load getting it far into the forest...

I also saw another couple axes I'm interested in, one may be gone
when I get there.. axes are in the top 5 survival and subsistance
tools....

having several isnt stupid... Its a tool so important its better to
carry a spare than be without....

thinking if I do get another, to also do a cortesa handle... more
attempts at readying for Exodus....

its like Heinlein's Classic; "Tunnel in the sky", I think its the
fundamentals that count most.... he had at the end of his book
colonists going thru a stargate in animal drawn wagons.. which was
thought provoking to me as a teenager... Science fiction? Wagons?
then I thought about it and it made sense.. No highways, no oil wells,
no refineries, and no car parts...

myself, I'd opt for metal wheels, and timkin bearings.. wagon wheels
of wood are a marvel of human ingenuity, but problematic...

I'd use solid rubber tires, like on early steel wheeled horse drawn carts....

no flats to fix....
I would likely fabricate my own wheels, and use bandag type retread
for the tires, go wider wheels, more floatation, less getting
stuck...

I'd also go as tall as possible or practical... the reasons for
tall wheels were they are easier to pull, have better ground
clearance, etc., I'd stick wit a cart, not a wagon...

a cart would be the most I'd want to deal with...

key to success with animal drawn cartage is keeping the weight down...
like the surrey racers at the county fair using bike tubing
construction, and motorcycle wheels.. Not what I'd want for hauling,
but its starting from the light end of design that counts... I see
the latins here building pony carts using small truck differentials..
The last thing I'd use.. HEAVY! and they leave the gearing intact,
so poor pony is pulling the gearing, over 500 lbs of cart empty, and
perhaps 1000 lbs of palm fruit.... some have built better carts,
and they make incredible haulers with a single horse.. definitely as
much hauling capacity as I'd need..

I'd want my load less than 800 lbs...
A lot less if possible..


--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: