Sunday, May 29, 2011

Friday, 27th of May, 2011.......

late afternoon,
raining medium light, thunder boomers in the far distance, kinda
darkish and drippy, some wind in the trees, and some of the wildlife
making the Jungle Ohm noise....

I had a good day, ate ripening bananas, have a wheel barrow load...
also just made some breads, while dodging squalls...

the fun part, was using my $2 modified butcher knife for everything
possible... spoon, spatula, cutting bread w/false sharpened back edge
at tip...

felt good to my vestigial childhood sense of play..

why be serious? nobody is watching me up here alone on a mountain in
central america... I can be silly & chuckle at myself for it...

its like years ago when I decided to learn to use chop sticks.. Was I
being a trendy yuppie? hardly, my thoughts were that it was a good
survival skill to know.. and that if I learned the art, I could be
stranded in a survival situation, cut a couple sticks, and eat in a
manner familiar & homey to me... Moral is the most important factor
in survival...

So, today playing Castaway Mariner, and flipping and spooning my
grain cakes over the fire, with cheap $2 knife.. worked great..
definitely can improve my knife cooking skills with more practice..

And it was fun modifying the knife.. how many of you can be happy
about a $2 expenditure?

After youve had your vanity on a diet as long as I have, one realizes
that its possible to please one's self, with slightly less than a
Rolls Royce....

its a working knife..decent stainless, trashed my file trying to
remove the factory edge.. I bought the knife because I expected
better metal than average in a cheap knife.. and guessed right...

so I'll play with it awhile, make up some kind of a minimalistic
expedient sheath for in the pack, and add it to my camping kitchen
stuff when I'm tired of playing with it...

where it will always be worth what I paid for it...

anyway, have tea over the fire, just poured some, snug under my tarp
roof, my day winding down one breath at a time...

Had a pretty good guitar practice, mostly working on a couple new down
the neck chord sequences...

I learn something everytime I play..

I find learning the electric guitar in my mid fifties to be an
interesting experience... too old to be a suckling rocker, so I'm
doing it for my own pleasure... my life is an experience in
sensory deprivation compared to "normal" in some ways, no TV, dont
listen to canned music much, sometimes go for weeks and not see
anyone.. which sure beats the hell out of having to show up at a
job...

but also I have the sounds & sights of nature...

and the electric guitar is muchly techno, but I havent played with the
amplifier effects much yet, still just trying to muddle my way thru
the fundamentals... learning how to use the special effects comes
after I gain actual proficiency.. wouldnt consider approaching it any
other direction... It isnt about making noise, its about producing
something effective & well crafted.. To be able to do that, requires
skill thats still a ways over the horizon from me...

Guitar is a big place, it takes time to learn your way around there...

I had an interesting experience today, have been texting with a woman
friend, single moming five daughters, 3 adopted.. well, she was
having teenage daughter problems today... fairly bad ones... and
texted me, and asked what to do..

so I told her, how to straighten out her kid in an effective non
violent manner.. and went further.. How to improve their
relationship..

a couple hours later, I get a two word text;

"gracias Gris"

cant be easy single moming 5 kids. Working the mid shift at the
hospital, & studying to be a nurse all at the same time..

but I think I was sucessful in getting her refocused as to why one is
in the parenting business... love of children....

and undoubtably tweaked the daughter with an unconventional warfare
style of parenting technique..

the mother daughter bickering catfight was put to an instant stop,
and daughter given a piece of information that will change her entire
outlook on life, and mom straightened out some too...

I'm a bit of a black belt parent.. learned it all the hard way, with
a "how not to parent" example childhood.. Like violent hicks on
steroids...

but one isnt limited by a childhood.. affected yes, limited, no...

anyway, it got dark... still raining steadily.. I sip my warm tea,
planning on listening to short wave later... hear how the universal
dispute is going..

until then, listen to the ting frogs, like wind chimes, the tropical
bugs zithering & chirping, and all my house lizards have put
themselves away for the night.. Taking a cool snooze, until the
morning light and warmth... To begin another day of the big bug hunt..
must be a pretty good life... the other day a four foot green, thin
tree snake with a blue tounge came into my shelter hunting lizards, I
talked to the snake, it was aware of me, did several circuits of the
place, up & down, came within inches of me several times.. and
never found a lizard.. They all vanished like magic.. MR. Snake left,
and 15 minutes later there were happy lizards everywhere again..
I've got one of the leaping lizards taking bugs from my fingers, and
she guards my legs when I sit on the cot, and nails any bug that lands
on me below the knees.. totally tame...

I let the animals live in peace.. and they sense it...

anyway, its a good life... hard to beat rewilding yourself as a
career option.. the pay isnt much, but then you dont really need it
either....

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: