Friday, May 6, 2011

Thursday, 5th May, 2011.........

morning,
in from garden, munching flat bread, had a good guitar practice at
dawn, learned a new strumming variable on a chord round, learn a bit
every day..

Was thinking about you poor fools out there in the "real" world this morning..

realized something that might help;

that a wise man would never consider a permanent job...

why? because then you dont have time to do what you want to do, and
then one also tends to bite off more than they can chew economically..

an example might be housing.. a good thinker might decide he doesnt
need a proverbial ranch stye vanity castle to protect his head from
rain & butt from cold... and he could work a part time or short
duration job to get materials & toolage, and come up with something a
bit more downscale, and bank the free time not spent making 40 years
of payments to the Fat Vampire down at the savings & loan...

this would free up alot of time to attack one's other necessities,
like food growing... and I'd think the same way on land, or anything
else.. get less, rent for a growing season, keep one's freedom....

the most valuable commodity in the modern world is not gold, its freedom...

try and buy some.. yeah, go down to walmart and ask a walking duffer
where the freedom isle is... He'll probably take you to the plastic
flowers for use on graves etc...

actually can buy lots of freedom there, but your money tempts some
poor Chinese guy to quit growing food, & enslave himself...

a job is indentured servitude, no more no less... bible says if you
work for someone else youre a slave....

only logical person to work for, is yourself... and the more you
keep the nose headed that direction, more likely of having a better
future..

do the math... credit is a trap, humility is the escape technique,
vanity is the bait...

much better to live in a snuggly yurt, than the castle on the hill..
The yurt goes to greener pastures, the Castle gets raized & burnt,
sooner or later..

this morning did some drawing, working on my wheeled pony travois
idea.. getting there.. trying to keep it simple, load low to ground,
and skids coming into play & tires out of the way automatically when
its time to need the skids...

why? Well because that allows me to carry a load into places that
would bog or roll over a regular cart...

also its all I can afford for now... four wheelbarrow wheels and some
lumber & nylon strap etc... if I were trapped in a job in a city, I'd
be collecting my nenomadic stuff, and building, & last thing get a
pony, and be gone with the warm breezes of spring time... looking for
a place to garden... Plenty of land, plenty of people will let you
camp & garden for a share... wander south after the harvest for an
easier winter, keep your baggage light, and the food containers as
full as possible.. spend your days with pony & dog, and your nights
in warm blankets or making popcorn while listening to the portable
short wave.. Guarantee you youll be glad youre not in some of the
places you hear about..

Was informed that a couple people who cant help themselves but care
about me, are going to buy me a new puppy for my birthday.. I still
hear my dog with every rustle.. she was an exelent person..

anyway, so thinking to start collecting puppy hardware.. get prepared
at same time looking for pup unit.. going to get another german
shepherd, my favorite breed of wolfy dog for living in the brush...
they suit my purposes... And keep the latins more respectful of my
rights...

my worker commented yesterday, that Chia never spent a day of her life
tied up... Glad he noticed.. The rest of you should take a lesson, and
do unto yourselves as I have done for my dogs... If it aint a good
life for a dog, aint the place to be for a human...

My son is talking about us working up a small herd of Germany's
ansestral pooches... an idea we both had seperately... I like
working with animals.. my dogs have generally had 20 word or more
vocabularies... horses too..

I like to think about pre-Roman Germanic life, and how they must have
used their dogs for hunting wild pigs & bear, and protecting the clan
in battles with raiders.. So there is definitely a place in my
neoindigenous vision for them...

I've learned, that the past is a gold mine of things that will work in
the future.. Civilisations cycle.. Up, & plop onto the dirt again...
Best one not get too far from the earth while theyre doing that...

have a town trip coming up, going to get a V-belt for the grain mill,
and some full sized vise grips to use doing crafts projects... And
maybe some wheels for a project...

one thing I realized yesterday, was that the travois was used by
Indians with dogs before horses arrived... so wondering about a
downsized version to let the dog carry some things.. Would have to be
really light etc, but if properly done, better than the doggie pack
load wise...

I like playing with such projects, have found the neoindigenous mind
set to be a rich field to cultivate... had been thinking about
crossing a pack frame with a hand cart, but now wondering if maybe
better to build a dog travois, could use as human powered cart also...
might be able to have it be a pack frame too?

basically a device to allow one to carry more with less strain & pain..

its a hobby.. Designing & building such stuff, also fills in my
lifestyle with nifty items...

my suggestion to the wannabee freeperson, is to first get a vision of
what you want, an overall view.. how you really want to live in your
heart..

then go from there from the bottom up and center outwards... get your
close to body stuuf first, make as much as possible yourself, and work
up & outwards from there..

Its also a good idea to figure out what you dont need first.. then
what you really do need...

always choose minimalism over too much, and simple over complicated..

think about the necessities of life at a simple level first... tools
to grow food & do craft items for use, weapons so youre not dependent
on 911 if assholes show up, good stout clothing that will take a
working life..

warm blankets for cold nights, and durable cooking gear that will last
over a fire, and take a beating on rocks at the creek...

let go of ALL assumptions... always think you have more to learn..

let go of the canned ya-ya heads music, get a nice instrument for
fireside hours alone...

learn to appreciate natural sounds...

if you live in the city & are afraid of bears, you have your head
wired backwards... i've lived in the hills most of my life, have yet
to see a live bear or mountain lion in the wild.. cities are
thousands of times more dangerous than mountains..

anyway, waiting for my tea over the sacred flames, thinking about my
mint plants, doing fine in the garden, will propagate when the rains
come, want to do a nice area of each herb..

my grandma started me on mint tea as a kid, always makes me feel homey...

also, remember, no guts, no glory, really do it yourself, or just read
the story...

Theres really only one goal in life, to get your own trip going properly..

I have found, that thinking about projects before I can afford to do
them helps alot.. Often wind up thinking for years on this or that,
but when I finally can start collecting pieces, and cutting materials,
I have a really well designed item when I'm done...

It pays to think... and sketching endlessly results in nice items...

anyway, got some more corn & beans planted this morning, looks like it
will be gracious enough to rain on my seeds later today.

I'm a strange man in a strange land, but I wouldnt have it any other way..

Ran into an indian guy on the bus the other day, he'd once been up to
the house with another Guaymi friend, brought his daughter, about 15,
she was perhaps the prettiest girl I've seen in my life.. well I
complimented her to her father the other day on the bus... said in
front of latins that she was prettiest girl I'd seen in the country...
its been maybe ten years since that day, and last week I get a call
from my Guaymi friend, says the guy thinks I need a woman, & he just
happens to have an excess of the critters in his family.. time to
visit...

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: