Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday 14th December 2009..........

Morning, eating my usual fare....

Still thinking about the baggage thing...

if you remember about the parable of the rich man and the camel
through the eye of a needle, it may be a hint about baggage....
the eye of the needle was slang for the postern gate or Sally
portal, that on walled cities, castles etc., was used in times of
threat, to restrict the flow of people, animals, and baggage so that
things could be gone thru and inspected... you could get your camel
& load into the city, but only one at a time, and the bags came off
and could be gone thru....

very similar to bringing your seabag onto the quarterdeck of a
ship.... or baggage onto a starship.....

I think the parable was a message for us.....

i.e. you'll get some baggage allowance, keep it minimal, expect
inspection......

another thought is you might want to keep some seeds packed in your
kit....

everything you'd like to be able to keep eating.... aliens may have
a simplistic view of human dietary requirements... and you might get
bored eating Blue Goo 3 after a few months.... And wish for a
cucumber & onions w/sour cream salad.......

I suggest you think very seriously about seeds individually and
cooperatively....

On cookware, there are two classes, individual and group... I'd
suggest everybody have some of both..... let it be practical stuff,
not aluminum messkits.. I've long figured that I'd rope my big 10
gallon volrath stockpot to my packboard, and go from there....
fill it with all the goodies I can carry..

on weapons, I'd first focus on ceremonial stuff; knives, bows,
arrows, spears, swords, etc, things that dont require a lead mine or
a Dupont munitions factory.....

if I did bring guns, I'd want simplistic stuff like black powdwer
first, likely in stainless steel, and with spare parts... cartridge
weapons? at least with some simple realoading gear, dies etc. and
plenty of primers... its easier to make projectiles and propellents
than primers...

its alot to think about, and most related issues I've already
covered in this blog....

I think the most critical factor, is realizing one's own
imperfections and rethinking yourself... feeling bad about bad things
you've done is the starting point... get to humility zone, then
decide to do much much better in the future... future starts
now.....

its not some nirvana pie in the sky God is love trip.... somehow
we've been created by some kind of alien life form for it's own
purposes... and we are going to be totally powerless to resist
anything... and most of the real ego freaks will be dead.... no one
left except some seriously traumatized survivors of a holocaust
followed by being ordered to mass murder millions of their fellow
humans along somebody else's arbitrary lines of judgement... its
not going to be pretty...

Musical instruments? you bet, and plenty of spare strings etc..
music will be important for many things, modern people have been
sidetracked into economic powered music expression.... thats all
going away.... and I dont think singing "born in the USA" will
seem so appropriate a few lightyears towards the Galactic hub........

nor will most feel like singing silly love songs... all will have
lost almost everybody...

how bad are things going to get? well there was a passage about it
being so bad pre-arrival, that the proud women would become as
Jackals.... i.e. carrion eaters.... might pay to have some bulk
food sealed and burried..... rotting carcasses dont sound too yummy
to me.....

next question in my mind, is what do they need us for? I figure it
likely entails work....

I did read something about planting fruit trees when we get there, in
Enoch..... I know a little about that, building of paradises is a
personal specialty.....

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: