Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blog entry; Sunday 8th 2009.............

Morning,

Sun on the valley floor, hazy morning mist in the mountains, birds
singing freely.....

thinking this morning about something I heard on short wave,...

was a congress misrepresentitive, talking about health care, and
commenting that freedom now, meant having healthcare, and in the
report, others stated, that it was mandantory, with up to a
$200,000 fine, and five years in jail........ i.e. you either pay
thousands of dollars a year to get killed by the doctors, or they
imprision and pauperize you for life....

gee? Wouldnt it be better to remove the insurance companys from the
equation, and produce enough doctors that health care became
affordable again? then you wouldnt need insurance...

its an example of black being called white, and if you follow the
money, its going to shitheads and middlemen of the fascist
coruptocracy...

I will never live in the US again if I can avoid it...

I have my own health insurance, its called eating like I should,
staying happy, getting exercise, etc. And not holding down a stressful
job for assholes, in a toxic environment eating toxic agribiz food,
and living in black freedom land..

law, shmaw, fuck you bastards..

here in costa rica, health insurance is maybe $75 a month, health care
used to be free before the country was scammed by bankers during the
Bush one era, as part of their S&l robbery, they hit here too.....

No folks, freedom isnt mandantory anything, freedom is mobility and
not living in a box, and avoiding laws...

laws are not freedom....

america is not free, and if you think it is youre not doing well mentally...

so insanity is sanity now eh? well that wont last long, as insanity
invaribly leads to trouble....

vanity aint sanity, and public private partnership means fascism....

the time for heading out into the brush is now...

I suggest you go well armed, in case you are followed by insane drones...

for myself, I intend to work my way towards the ability to not use
the system for anything, with the ripcord date being when they try
making freedom mean taking an ID chip in the forehead....

freedom now, means not being worth bothering with..

staying out of the prison camp by any means....

welome to the Nazi planet.. the real Christians are those who get out
of babylon....
Not the great delusionals....

God help us!

the beast eats....

I think today I will work on the steel long bow...

it and my other neoindiginous projects are interim salvation...

in one of the two "Shelter" books I have is a few pages on yurts..
with drawings of how they are traditionaly laid out inside, both in
premodern and modern eras.... I always liked those drawings...
simplicity... I think portable housing is important...
The ability to get back into the brush, or into the outlands.. and to
move often enough or if necessity arises.... some will be able to
escape the mark of the beast according to the bible... I suspect it
will be indigenous and perimiter men types.... It wont be
urbanites..... Nor suburbanites...

So, once again I call out; Exodus!

fill a dumpster, have a yardsale.... lighten your baggage down to
essentials, get out......

later, worked on the bow limbs, got them restoned, and used the
corner of a broken whetstone to chamfer the edges of the string
notches some, limbs now drying, will next goto
wet or dry sand paper and work over those string notches, knowing
that its a critical area to prevent chaff or a pressure point on the
string, and so minimizing stress zones etc....

This bow has been a good project, & Im still curious as to how it
will throw an arrow? the spring is stiff in the hands, hard to bend
over your knee, but when assembled, the leverage makes it feel wangy
and soft... I wont know until its actually strung and I can pull it
what its going to feel like, and what kind of speed it will put on an
arrow....

right now I couldnt guess if it will pull 35 pounds or 55, but what I
do know is its going to have a nice soft feel no matter what the
numbers are...

I kept the riser short, and limbs as long as possible, fearing a hard
pull, or bad stacking curve... I dont fear those things now, I fear
low pull weight...

but fear is only from not actually knowing... when its strung I can
measure the draw weight, and so start thinking in realistic terms
about what its actual potentials are... I will then also get to think
about arrows for it, dependent on draw weight.. and spine them
accordingly....

What I suspect now, is a bow thats going to pull easy, and throw
fairly hard... I.e. that the spring steel feeling wangy isnt going
to be the deciding factor, stored kinetic energy is.. its a long bow,
the string will be near 60 inches... And bow then being at 5 ft
strung... if the bow pulls over 45 lbs Ill be happydog, whatever it
pulls, I have no choice but to live with.. but anything 35 lbs or
above is useable, and I suspect it will be that....

perfect would be a surprisingly high draw weight say 60 lbs, 65 lbs,
coupled with low stacking effect and good leverage due to limb
length...

most indigenous bows pull in the 45-50 lb range for simple ergonomic
reasons, thats the comfort zone for an average adult male humanoid
unit....

there have been bows used in the 100 lb or above class in human
history, generally used in warfare against armored troops....

this bow is most likely to be used most for entertainment, target
practice.. I dont hunt any more, but if things get bad, it will get
used for hunting or defense if necessary....

The reason I dont hunt, is because I have no actual need.... If I
have no need and am healthy enough eating vegetable products etc., my
personal moral creed tells me I dont want to kill....

I dont consider hunting at all wrong... I just tend to think in
absolutes, and have too much love and respect for nature to kill minus
the necessity factor... but I also have a dividing line between
preditors and herbivores.... I would kill gators no problem... if
its a killer, it stirs up less sympathy from me....

later, did the string notches, did a sanding on the limbs, & got the
first coat of Ospho on them...

the spring steel has some deep pits, so over the next couple of days,
it will be a half dozen or more treatments...to stop the pits... then
a coat of primer, and leave it at that until the riser and string
are done, and last job will be the color coats of paint, and a month
or so of seasoning the paint to prevent it chipping off easily.. This
first coat of Ospho will prevent surface rust from reoccuring...
If the pits look like they arent responding well, I may wire brush the
limbs with an electric grinder...

so far, so good!

one of the interesting effects of steel limbs, is no worry about
twisting them, meaning I wont need a stringer for this bow.... I
suspect its durability factor will be incredible... tempered steel is
hard shit.... Other than rust, not much damages it... and this steel
was from a used spring, maybe 50 years in the tropics unpainted... If
I get the pits stopped, and it well painted, it could easily good
over a hundred years with no problems...


so, a good morning as a free man, work on a stargate project... Slowly
gnawing my way towards completion... good survival gear is great life
insurance.... no salesman will call....

to me its a hobby that keeps me on track, no matter what happens if I
work on my gate gear, I can stay better centered....

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: