Friday, October 16, 2009

Blog entry; Friday 16th October 2009.........

interesting day, went to palmar norte on the rio Terraba... also
Cortez, paid taxes.....

about $10 a year..... I'm not complaining believe me, other than I
know they will start going up soon.....

bought some dog food, tiny bag, promised my dog I would, her
vocabulary includes; dog food, wait, today, stay home, & pretty
soon.....

so she was smelling my pack for it, and just ate her fill...

I bought enough flour to do biscuits and gravy, first time in over a
year, so a treat for me tomorrow...

got a couple mouse traps, and some rat poison....
Dont currently have a problem, but rats live in the jungle
everywhere... so its not if, but when....

couldnt believe prices, its like how do the locals eat?

Ran into an indigenous friend, was glad, he's my ex girlfriend's
brother, and I wanted to talk to him about buying in over on the
reservation and agriculture projects etc... he owns about 500 acres,
mostly virgin forest, but also has 10 hectares or 24 acres of very
prime river bottom farm land...

I wanted to talk to him for some time, left a message for him with my
elderly indian friend, explaining what I was up to.... he got the
message, and suggested right off we plant the 24 acres in Casava...
which I have the seed to do at the moment.... the guy is small,
maybe five feet tall, strong as rawhide, and known by everyone...

I suspect he'll be my sidekick a couple years from now... we'll
see how it goes.... he's fun...

also visited my neice today, we had fun, she's
2&1/2 now, I bought her popcorn, and pudding...... got to help
her stuff her mouth with fresh popcorn...

her aunt was there, a friend, half indigenous, who told me my ex
girlfriend has heard I'm planning on moving onto the reservation, and
is threatening to start come visiting me again.... I sent her a lose
weight/lose husband message.... that was fun... i may end up renting
a house from her brother, right next to her, and staying single until
I decide which woman I like best.... And have a tribe's single women
to scope out....

also had my neice's Aunt tell me today the differences between Ticos
and americans... I already knew, kept mouth shut, but she used
words; egoistas, increibles, mentirosos, enganyosos, etc. To describe
local culture, that translates; self centered, unbelievable, liars,
rip offs...... and described americans as more social, more
cooperative, more honest, etc. which is something I've tried to
explain in this blog, that these people have some problems going that
take awhile to fathom all of... and I didnt lead the witness... That
was an assessment of the latin culture by a latina.....

looked at some stuff, saw a coffee pot I want, and some chisels...
Likely will pick up in a couple weeks when On way to visit
reservation... My neice's mom was happy to see me, we're good
buddies, she's a fox, half indian, half white, small and built way
nice... i'm artistic, so I like being around her.... she's fun, a
bit onery, and so gets along good w/my daughter-in-law, in fact she
told me today she likes my daughter in law best of all her sister in
laws....

my daughter in law reads this blog.....

my little niece was fun today, when I was leaving she grabbed me,
and started waving goodbye to her mom... then she cried when mom
collected her... we get along good, her aunt was shocked today how
she was up in my lap instantly, wasn't afraid of me etc. yeah, we're
good buddies, & she knows I love her..... I pay attention to her,
give her hugs, bring cookies, sweet bread, or today the popcorn and
pudding... key to success w/kids is treating them like people...
the only differences are size and experience, so I treat kids like
adults, plus some care & teaching,,, no superior attitude on my part,
I look them in the eye, pay attention when they speak, and joke with
them as I would with an adult.... and it never fails to win their
respect... If you want kids to respect you, first you have to respect
them.... and be their good friend....

found out my future partner has built several traditional ranchos, or
round thatched buildings for hotels, resturants etc. On the beach for
spendy hotels, I'm thinking to build one for a restaraunt for my
daughter in law, but go neoindigenous rather than indigenous......
going to teach the indians something about building ranchos.....

I love doing that! always gets great responses from them when I do
neo indigenous stuff.. in fact they love it! And take it as a
compliment....

My neice's aunt also told me today american whites were better looking
than Germans, Serbs, Russians
etc.... Sorry guys, but you are just tooooooo white! ha! I'm a
mix, German, Irish, Native American, and a bit of Arab a ways
back... very few people pick out the Arab, but I did have a little
girl on a bus in Panama, freaking out, and asking her mother who
asked me if I was part Arab? very perceptive little girl... the
brown folks here are more Arab than I am, but that little girl
picked it out in me and was nervous.... its like I could act in
bible stories movies... grow the beard out, wear flowing robes, and
play a part in a Moses movie as an extra.... my mother is maybe a
quarter native american, and looks about half greek..
Mediterranian.......

and in me its very recessive but still there....

definitely a citizen of earth type....

I have green eyes, and was blond until maybe 4 years old, the German
genetics.... not sure where the eyes are from, guessing Ireland? a
tich of red in brown hair, beard darker, but going gray...

I like being mixed races, I get to be proud of all of them....

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: