Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blog entry; Thursday 15th October 2009.......

going on noon,

Thinking about the Nepal micro banking/co-op story, seeing the
lessons in it for us.....

if they can rise to a better life thru co-operation, we can certianly
lower ourselves to a better life by letting go of excessive
vanity....

Looking at my own trips, I have a sewing machine, dont need a loan
to get one......

I have land....

Invariably what I lack, is getting my own trip in order... but I am
working on it.... I'm not thinking to buy many more clothes unless I
start teaching....

if I end up staying home, thinking to continue my home made clothing
en devours...

why? because I'm getting somewhere, getting more close to "just
right", that magical place where one is most content....

I can buy clothing Cheaper than I can make it.... but not as good
quality wise..... & if I've learned anything in life, its that
durability factor is fairly high on the priority food chain....

And I have learned simplicity outweighs vanity a million to one.... I
doubt the people in Nepal are leafing the pages of fashion magazines
looking for the latest styles......

my guess is they are making warm and serviceable garments to balance
with their ambient.....

same as I'm doing.....

Another thought I had, is about the banking bastards.... you know,
they are like a cancer on society.... They need cut out, no two ways
about it..... and while we are at it maybe some herbal medicine to
reduce them and chances of reoccurance.... maybe a change in
lifestyle & diet?
go from a credit card diet to subsistence soup?

be frugal scouts....

My guess is we are seeing the beginnings of the biggest back to the
land/back to nature movement in human history.. And this time it isnt
a few Hippies disgusted with a straight assed establishment, its
everybody in the TWITS club,( Those Wishing To Survive....)

The folks in Nepal were lucky, they are closer to the real goals than
we are.... they only have to raise their standard of living a bit to
arrive at "just right".... we have to figure out how to let go of our
excesses, which are as addictive as crack....

they have the easier path......

its not going to be easy to convince the hounds of vanity to let go of
pride and arrogance for simplicity & balance..... will likely
require no shortage of necessity....

but it is a viable path, which vanity is not......

anyway, think about the simple folks of Nepal, with their snug
houses, and responsible children....

They Have Buffalo, goats, ponies, etc...and are now growing more food
than ever.....

Do you think the women are content now on the path to a better
traditionally based life? or would a bunch of idealistic Femminism
improve things in real terms? I suspect in that climate a woman
could appreciate a good man....

They now have what they need going.... villages working together,
people having their own projects and farms.... Not likely many drones
make it up there selling building permits and RFID chipping buffalo &
chickens and taxing them for it.....

Do you suppose a building permit costs ten thousand dollars? or it
takes a thousand dollars to get a marriage license? Or that they
think its a good idea to steal from tourists?... or that their
Government makes it illegal to sell their crops in their little
stores?

Laws are for busy-bodies to milk common folk with, no doubt about
it... Without laws any villiage knows how to deal with killers and
thieves...

With laws they become slaves to the killers and thieves......

"The more laws and restrictions there are,
The poorer the people become.
The sharper men's weapons,
The more trouble in the land.
The more ingenious and clever men are,
The more strange things happen.
The more rules and regulations,
The more thieves and robbers."
(Tao te Ching)

this was first written down before the invention of paper... and
before that grandfathers taught it to grandsons mouth to ear, for ten
thousand years... it is perhaps part of the oldest recorded human
knowlege....

Sure is strange that modern governments over look it, and that it's 81
pages are unknown in our public schools.....

good chance they know about it in Nepal...

Its still part of common culture next door in china...

How do I know? because when I copied the Chinese text and gave the
stapled foto copy book to a Chinese friend here in Costa Rica, he
recognized it instantly, was very happy to get it, and said he
already uses these sayings to teach his children with.... in other
words Taoism has had an effect on Chinese culture that the Communists
couldnt wipe out...

me? I like to learn from everyone....
and I like everyone to learn from me....

I like to learn from everything...

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: