Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog entry; Sunday 18th October, 2009 .............

Evening, listening to short wave, soon to shut it off, not much on
sunday night that I like....

Thinking about the concept of the Tyranny of good intentions....

I think where it goes wrong is that people think they're doing good
while/by creating a niche for themselves... also I think ego plays
another role, thinking that one becomes important.... its one of
the reasons I decided to write under a pen name, to prevent
considering myself important.... Give gris the fame if any, and the
problems that come with it.....

I dont get paid for what I do... that keeps it more nontoxic....
also no job title, no uniform....

"There must lie truth within the heart lest thy every effort be doomed
to failure." (Andre Norton)

my point is plenty of people do things supposedly for good intentions,
but drift into the money/ego/vanity trap......

I just want to see things get fixed in real terms....

one man's good is another man's evil...

which is why we'd best leave others run their own lives as much as possible...

there is a reason we are all individual entities, and it isnt so
some can control others, its so we can all find our own path.....

Me? Nothing special, made plenty of mistakes, still making mistakes,
still learning everday at 53, when I stop learning and stop making
mistakes, I'll be nervously checking my own pulse....

but I have learned there are better motives than money...

I like to do things for fun... I like to do things to be helpfull, I
like to do things to be expressive, creative, or exploratory....

when I've had more money, I've had more problems... money is kinda
like people; more isnt necessarily better...

its how you use the resources you have.... be it brains, money,
friends, or firewood, the better you function the longer they
last.....

so my point is, I think Tyranny and Good intentions are a possible
dichotomy pair....

I know the Tao goes to great lengths to point out to rulers; the less
they try to do, and the less laws, the better things go for
everybody.....

Gee? Doesnt sound like anything I hear reported on the radio..... the
real world is invariably into more of everything, but I fear while we
are doing that, we will discover there is no more time .....

no, I wouldnt want to rule the world, because no matter how I tried,
I'd make mistakes, or let ego creep in, or let people with their own
agendas influence me and affect the lives of others....

I'd rather be the poor fool that I am...

better I comment on things, express my opinions, conclusions,
suppositions, etc., and let others cherry pick, or ignore me as they
wish...

It is normal to want.... but its not healthy to want too much...
I'd rather have just what I needed, than to have either too much or
too little....

I've experienced both; too much & too little...

as in all things its balance that counts.....

I was thinking this morning that I understand two very important things....

I know about both wisdom & enlightenment, and can easily explain them
in simple terms....

Wisdom is knowing how others are.....

Enlightenment is knowing how one's self is......

Sounds lofty and glowing?

well bad news.... Wisdom is learning everybody else is a mix of good
and bad, due to conflicting motives...

and enlightenment is realizing that you arent any better....

people have struggled for sometimes their whole lives, for wisdom, or
enlightenment, and its so simple it evades them....

I'm OK..... You're OK, thats the good news.....

the bad news is we are both also not OK.......

which leaves us nothing left to do, except try to figure out how to
minimize our not OK sides....

yup! not total jerks, only 50% or so,,,, gee? That does leave
plenty to do, I dont think I have time to rule the world, getting my
good half better ruling my bad half is plenty to keep me busy, and
alot more important than trying to tell 7 billion complainers what
to do.... surely a thankless task.....

And I dont think a world government is at all a good idea... there
is too much chance for abuse...
As Einstein pointed out, with the splitting of the atom everything
has changed except man himself..
Humans dont change, we are still self centered, muleish, and self
righteous fools.. the meer existence of government prooves the
danger...

World government of humanity sounds nice on paper.. like the League
of nations or UN sounds nice in theory.... but its still only made up
of humans... humans who can be both highly educated and totally
ignorant at the same time.. Humans who's good intentions can
backfire... the american dream is the classic example: a house and a
car and a job for everone sounds nice on paper, but it has also
created a tyranny of banks and usurious interest, it has also covered
vast areas with endless urban sprawl, and it also has polluted and
wasted and destroyed what used to be god's green earth to the point
the Indians probably wouldnt want it back if we gave it to them, and
it will all lead to the socio-ecotastrophy predicted in the bible as
will world government....

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

and we are on it.... and what do we do when we arrive at hell's
gates? Usher ourselves through via world government? I suspect so....

well, all I can say is; not I, not that gate.... My good intentions
arent that stupid.... I am wise enough to know that until we are all
enlightened, and fix ourselves, that the gates of hell await our every
effort...

the word ignorant obviously comes from the root word ignore... to
ignore warnings is ignorance.....

and thats exactly what democracy and all other forms of government
do.... They create an elite, who consider themselves seperate and
better, they create a minority who abuse the majority by convincing a
majority they are part of the elite minority when they in fact are
not...

are we confused yet? yes.. We are always confused by our own reality,
because we invariably discover the differences between good and evil
the hard way, by going there, by figuring out the truth too late, by
ignoring warnings because of our Hyeena pack political mentality....

world government will be no different..well meaning and intelligent
people will be able to justify complete Tyranny for the most beautiful
reasons.... Reasons like that they are in charge, that they know
whats best for everybody else, that they have devine right to rule
through superior intelect.....

This sets up an attitude, and attitude is everything... and whenever
one person thinks they knows whats best for others Tyranny is born...
and the bigger the organization, the farther from reality it
gets....

Management invariably gets into a group-think rut, and tramples both
the rights of the managed, and all good sense.... they get too far
from the base reality, too divorced from the fundamentals, too sure
of themselves and their own infalibility....

NO! that isnt the way to go!

the way to go is let each find their own path.... Like an army
crossing dificult terrain... we dont need or want control, we only
need to all understand the ultimate objectives....

The Founding fathers of America knew what absolute and corrupt
Tyranny was, they lived under it until they escaped it geographically,
and then rebeled against it physically....

And they had plenty of time to consider tyranny and its antithesis,
and came up with a government limited from its inception, and the
power in as many hands as possible, and individual rights foremost...
why!? why did they design it that way? because they had become both
wise through experience, and enlightened through self realization.....

And any government that ignors these principles is doomed to failure...

And modern government attempts to alienate us from inalienable rights,
its one abuse, infringement, or pseudo improvement after another.....

I do not want or need controlled by anyone....
I do not want anyone with a clipboard coming to my house.
I do not want to donate a single credit to a beast government.
I do not want to see my children or anybody elses get used up by a
military industrial complex tyranny...

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: