Friday, October 2, 2009

Blog entry, Thursday, 1st of October, 2009........

Evening, havent blogged a couple days, went to the border, then
today recovering from the trip..

got a couple teeth fixed, accomplished some other missions, bought
food, my usual $30 worth, for the month.... had a pretty good trip,
managed to afford some rechargable batteries for my radio, & charger,
so now can listen w/less problems....

saw some pretty women, saw some real pigs.....

Talked w/a couple guaymi guys, one a younger guy, in his twenties,
with longer hair, i.e. A sign of dawning awareness of indiginous
pride....

he was a good kid, we talked about subsistence agriculture, he told me
people in the tribe are starting to plant alot of platino bananas,
they've realized with prices of food rising that they can make decent
money and get food security with platinos... i.e. They are shifting
their own diet slightly, and creating economy.... Adapting....

I asked them a question, I've been realizing the last couple years
that where the indain reserves are the conditions for subsistence
agriculture seem to be the best in the area... and I wondered how
that happened w/the latins doing land grabs for several hundred
years... and I figured out the best areas were likely where they had
higher population densities, and fought harder to defend etc. these
two guys agreed w/the thesis... nodded quietly smiling.... the
latins were hell on the indians... but the indians knew some things
the latins didnt about local conditions, and instead of being
relocated onto bad land, they retreated into and held the best areas,
for reasons the latins didnt really understand... so the latins got
the most land, but the indians got the areas with higher mineral
content, better micro climates, less mosquitos etc...

a victory out of the jaws of defeat.....

for being aware and in tune w/natural reality....

I told them about some of the things I've learned...
How to use the manicillo clover to grow other things in, and for
pasture.. encouraged them to try it... it was a good
conversation... I like the indians... More humble, more honest, and
more into subsistence agriculture.....
if I can get a good price on this farm and get one on the reserve etc.
Going to try booting up an organic agriculture operation w/indians in
Boruca tribe... these guys were Guaymis, and it was obvious they
were very interested in my ideas...

I suspect if I can boot the business, I'll eventually be doing it
with both tribes...

which would be something I'd enjoy.....

I also felt pretty good the other day in town, living in the third
world has its down sides, but I have a sense of adventure, so
wandering the streets, talking to people, riding the bus etc. has a
componant of adventure you never get in the first world living the Rat
race dream....

on the bus home, I listened to a conversation, mostly older women
talking about how lazy and useless younger women are now.... that was
pretty good, they talked about washing diapers by hand for all their
babys, cooking on wood fires, working in the brush growing food, and
how the younger women use disposable diapers, buy food, and complain
when they have to get off their asses and put food in a microwave....

it was a great conversation to listen in on, it eventually was
shifted to the apocalypse by the woman doing most of the talking, she
stated flat out we were arriving at the end... I chimed in and
supported her point, talked about food, and food growing, what was
coming, and let them know what was really in the economic pipeline,
that what they were told on TV was bullshit, and next year will be
like last year or worse, that got some winces on faces... They all
know they are barely able to keep eating decent now...and another
year of economic decline means the number of fat women will be in
substancial decline..... I gave them some information, with
references, history, about using oil palm fruit as a soup base...
told them who to talk to to get the method/recipes....

this valley is full of oil palm, used for lard here, but nobody uses
it as a food source at the fruit level, and so what I did is connect
the dots for them and explain things were going to get really bad, but
that there was no need for panic, just adapt and learn, and that no
one would go hungry or starve if they checked out what I was saying..

they were happy for the info, thanked me, basically I told them the
truth and how to deal with it.. I also told them what I've learned
experimenting with breadnuts.... they were all interested.... i did
a cooking program on the bus.......

I use the bus as a vehicle to teach, its a social thing,
people here like to chat on the bus, so I just chat with them, and use
the opportunity to help people make it thru the future... the Latins
piss me off more than often enough, but they're humans, have good &
bad sides just like anybody.. And are on the road to reality....

I also got into another conversation in the line to pay my fone
bill..... pointed out the connections between bad actions and bad
luck, quoted Buddha, backed that up with Jesus, and basically
explained how the universe operates on the bad luck level.... i.e.
seeding people with the idea they need most here, to cut the crap,
and quit trashing each other......

they made the connection.... that being a shithead is being a magnent
for bad luck.... If I do nothing else here, seeding that one concept
will change things for the better over time......

so.... Doing my usual routines..... trying to help...
And at fundamental levels....

Same things I do here on my blog etc.... live simple, plant seeds,
wait for fruit, and not expect to be who eats it all...

self centeredness is so debilitating to humanity....

and the biggest shitheads are headed for the worst luck...

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: